Friday, June 17, 2011


1. Reference:
Turner, W. (2010, Sept.). Children technology and education. Mechanical Engineering 133, 2. Retrieved June 8, 2011, from Academic search paper     
2. Summary:  
          This article mentions that the majority of today’s mechanical engineering positions fall into three main categories. The first main category is Energy engineers. Energy engineering is looking to devise methods of powering the human world. They are concerned with the amount of energy that is available to them in all levels. They work to provide the energy that holds this mechanical marvel, the human made world, together. Engineers look in three places that are studied by three types of mechanical engineers, in order to generate the energy we use. These three types are nuclear power engineers, petroleum engineers, and renewable energy engineers. In nuclear energy, mechanical engineers design and dimension the system that contains uranium and plutonium. They design many methods of passing, receiving, storing, and using to make electricity. They get in the nuclear between $50,000 to $60,000 annually. In petroleum power, petroleum engineers design methods of extracting the crude oil and natural gas. They design some ways to get oil in a place where it can be touched. In renewable power, the engineers try to harness enough of nature’s limitless energy to provide power for us to consume. They start getting salaries between $45,000 and $60,000 for graduates of a 4 year-program. The second main category is manufacturing engineers. Manufacturing engineers design factories and their operation. They invent the materials that are selected to create products, using problem solving, critical thinking, innovation and teamwork. Manufacturing engineers can make $45,000 to $50,000 annually. The third category is design engineers. Design engineers are responsible for inventing new things that consumers demand. They concentrate on the design of engineering rather than the production of actual product. They can make $60,000 annually. 

 3. Reaction:
            I would like to compare this article with a plate that has many kinds of fruit. Each kind has different taste that makes everyone sees it eager to taste it. When I read this article in the beginning, I got enthusiastic to read it all. It has much information that I hadn’t before. I am sure that what I have read is a little in mechanical engineering because it has a wide range, and it relates to many majors like what I read in this article. Also, I am sure that not everyone who graduates knows everything. Everyone has to read a lot to improve his skills in any major. I am planning to read an article everyday in order to know the fundamentals of mechanical engineering. After reading this article, I want to study mechanical engineering in two types of places. The purpose of learning this is to make sure that I study most of mechanical engineering. In the future, when I work in huge company, I am planning to manage this company. There is no way to manage the company I f I don’t know most of mechanical engineering. I understand that I will never achieve my goal in mechanical engineering if I don’t study all of it and pay more attention it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment