Thursday, June 9, 2011

I hope you enjoy reading my RRJ



1. Reference:
Varrasi, John. (2011, Feb.). A gift for Engineers. Mechanical Engineering 133, 2. Retrieved May 25, 2011, from Academic search premier.
2. Summary: 
            This is article is about a gift for engineering which was made by John A. Swanson.  This man was eager to create the simulation software code known as ANYSY. He has made a major contribution of a program to help policy makers in the U.S, and he has donated $ 1 million to the ASME foundation to encourage the federal fellows. The federal fellows bring their experience from energy, and nanotechnology. The article mentions the software-based methodology to combine stress analyses and the other structural tools into a package that facilitates computer simulations. It mention that Swanson was interested in directing money that is committed to training future of scientists, and engineers to innovate in such fields as energy, biotechnology and nanotechnology.
 3. Reaction:   
I am planning to study mechanical engineering, so I was interested in reading this article. I have three reasons. First, this article makes feel me ambitious about the future. In fact, it gives me some new information that will help me get a bachelor’s degree. Before I read this article, I thought that people study to earn some money, but that is not correct. I realize now that people learn to improve and benefit themselves and the society like Swanson, who made a gift for people to be eager to study and learn with challenge. I would be happy when I study Mechanical Engineering, and work in a huge company in this world. Also, my major depends on thinking and creating, so I am thinking right now to invent and create something new to make myself famous and well-known in the future. My dream is how to make myself successful in anything I am interested in. For this dream, I will study and create many things as much as I can. And I will encourage the people who I know to learn to improve themselves.  




No comments:

Post a Comment